For Aged care professionals who compile, complete and/or submit ACFI appraisal packs like ACFI coordinators, Facility Managers, Nurses, ACFI Managers
- 100% online
- 12 CPD points
- 4 Learning Blocks
Why should you attend?
Our ACFI Essentials and Validations In Action courses combined. Gain an understanding of the end-to-end ACFI process, the relevant business roles and familiarisation with the validation process
CPD Points: 12
“I am now very interested in the bigger picture of aged care including as per your Venn diagram including workforce, admissions, marketing, revenue etc. Registered nurses are being replaced by business managers and I would prefer to educate myself so I continue to have a job.”
Recent Participant, 2020
Are there any prerequisites?
Participants should have a working knowledge of the ACFI framework prior to attending this course
What will I learn?
- Understand the end-to-end process and timings of ACFI appraisals
- Learn the key ACFI business rules to complete and submit appraisals
- Explore strategies to plan mandatory and voluntary submissions
- Gain a deep understanding of the 12 ACFI questions, coding, assessments and supporting documentation
- Apply the quality checking process to appraisal packs prior to submission
- Understand the validations process including strategies to prepare and appeal downgrades
- Learn how to reconcile Medicare payments
And let’s break down the days for you:
Day 1 :
- We will lay the foundation for a deeper understanding of the ACFI.
- Understand the ACFI structure and the appraisal process.
- Learn about your role and the wider care team’s role in planning and preparing ACFI appraisals.
- An overview of the ACFI process
- Your role in the ACFI process
- ACFI business rules
- Planning ACFI assessments
- Stages to complete the ACFI appraisal pack
Practical activity: Preparing the ACFI appraisal pack
Day 2 :
- Understand how a deep understanding of the resident informs the ACFI appraisal.
- Learn how to complete the answer appraisal pack in line with the guidelines.
- Cover all the supporting documentation requirements for the ACFI and best practice principles for assessments, progress notes and charting.
- ACFI guiding principles
- Assessment requirements for:
- Activities of Daily Living
- Complex Health Care
Practical activity: Best practice documentation principles for the ACFI appraisal pack
- Go deeper by understanding how a resident’s care needs relate and interlink across the 12 ACFI questions.
- Learn about submitting your packs, reconciliations and preparing for validations.
- Linking assessments together
Practical activity: Understanding and preparing for validations
Day 4 :
- Putting your knowledge to practice by quality checking ACFI appraisal packs utilising Mirus audit tools.
- Bring it full circle by reflecting on current ACFI processes in your organisation and next steps
- Validation trends
- The quality checking process
- The daily activities of the ACFI coordinator
Practical activity: Quality checking ACFI appraisal packs
How much is this course?
$795 + GST per person.
Join us on the following dates and times:
Day 1 – Tuesday 16 February 2021 from 9:00am to 12:00pm AEST
Day 2 – Wednesday 17 February 2021 9:00am to 12:00pm AEST
Day 3 – Tuesday 23 February 2021 9:00am to 12:00pm AEST
Day 4 – Wednesday 24 February 2021 9:00am to 12:00pm AEST