Are you switching off?
Hashtags to follow or use: #VoiceforNature #Connect2Earth
Every year, on the last Saturday of March, at 8:30 pm, millions of people around the world come together to switch off their lights for Earth Hour.
Earth Hour was initiated in 2007 in Sydney, Australia where 2.2 million individuals took part and more than 2,000 organisations turned off their lights for an hour to take a stand against climate change. Just a year later, with more than 50 million people from 35 countries participating, Earth Hour became a global environmental movement.
Get involved by switching off your lights for Earth Hour on March 27th at 8:30 pm EST till 9:30 pm., you’ll be joining millions of people taking part in the largest global environmental movement.
Here are different ways to get involved:
- Just switch off your lights
- Earthhour.org is organising their very first “Virtual Spotlight” or “Digital Switch off”
- Learn more about nature loss and climate change
- Sign the “Voice for the Planet” pledge
- Inspire and empower others to care for our planet by posting on social media using the hashtags #Connect2Earth and #VoiceForNature
Whilst switching off, consider the below fun ideas to keep yourself entertained:
- Enjoy a candlelight dinner
- Play Heads up!
- Invite friends and spend the night sharing stories
- Movie marathon
- Build a fort in your living room
- Star gaze
For more ideas how to connect, please download your free copy of The Really Big List from the team at Mirus Australia.