World Cancer Day is acknowledged on the 4th of February. The theme for 2021 is “I am, and I will”. The aim is to unite the world to raise awareness for cancer.
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the number of cancer related deaths will increase annually, and reach 13 million by 2030.
How are you going to raise awareness on World Cancer Day?
Here are a few ways to get involved and raise awareness about cancer:
- Take part in the 21 days Challenge conducted by Worldcancerday.org. This challenge will help to make an impact through small but meaningful actions. The 5 different challenges to choose from are:
- committing to improving your personal health
- supporting someone you love with cancer
- educating yourself about cancer
- speaking out against cancer
- making history by helping to eliminate cervical cancer.
- Conduct a group event to create customised posters about cancer. Click here to create your own custom poster. You can choose your preferred language, poster layout, colours, message and even upload your logo.
- The Cancer Atlas is a great way to increase your knowledge about the history of cancer, risk factors, how to act and how to prevent cancer.
- Find your nearest cancer organisation at Union for International Cancer Control
- Worldcancerday.org has provided various Take Action opportunities based on how much time you can invest- a second, a minute, 5 minutes or even more!
For more information about cancer and how you can get involved and support the cause, please visit the official website of World Cancer Day.
For more ideas how to connect please download your free copy of The Really Big List from the team at Mirus Australia.