Events & News
Meet our team members at one of these events across Australia.
- LASA Tri-State Conference (link)
- Albury, NSW (map)
- This year’s theme is ‘Disrupt, Innovate & Thrive’. Disruption is taking place across all industries, including the aged care sector. To thrive, business models must evolve and be more creative in their pursuit of quality, growth and new revenue streams.
- NSW Mirus Boardroom Breakfast
- Pyrmont, Sydney (map)
- A facilitated discussion for C-Level executives on the role and importance of leadership in facing the challenges in aged care. Invitation only event.
ACSA National Roadshow: People & Culture Conference (PACC) & CEO Forum
- 1 March – Sydney (link)
- 5 March – Brisbane (link)
- 8 March – Melbourne (link)
- 15 March – Perth (link)
- 19 March – Hobart (link)
- PACC has been designed to air and tackle key challenges facing Aged and Community Care employers across Australia. The CEO Forum is an opportunity for CEOs of aged care providers to learn from experts in the field, workshop challenges and network with peers. In particular, the CEO Forum will focus on ways CEO’s can ensure their organisations’ are leaders in the industry as well as how they themselves can be more innovative and effective in the leadership.
- innovAGEING Collaboration Kick Off (link)
- Web conference @ 14:00–15:30
- It’s time to get the ball rolling at innovAGEING. Let’s kick things off at the network with a problem definition session. We’ll be working on identifying the top five issues/problems you’d like to see the network focus on for 2018? To register, please email: email@example.com
- LASA QLD State Conference 2018 (link)
- Broadbeach, Gold Coast (map)
- The conference provides a forum for industry leaders, managers and practitioners to come together, learn, celebrate, network and share ideas with their peers. In this period of significant change across the Age Services Industry we are surrounded by talk of disruption, innovation and the need for providers to embrace both.
- Leader summit (link)
- Sydney (map)
- “Village and care at the crossroads – lessons to be learnt from media, advocacy and government disruption”.
- Guest presenter James Price, Managing Director, Mirus Australia
- Aged Care: Workforce, The Real Situation and Real Strategies With ‘workforce’ being aged care’s most significant challenge, James will review strategies and processes Mirus delivers to over 100 clients.
- Australian Healthcare Week (link)
- Australian Healthcare Week celebrates 8 years of growth and success, this March, having firmly established itself as THE One-Stop-Shop for Australasia’s healthcare community.
Recent Blog Posts
Learn from the top thought leaders in the industry.
A little while ago a colleague installed a chocolate box on my desk for charity, since then I’ve acquired an extra role: people’s consciousness. They come to me to dialogue with themselves, mostly about two things: chocolate and money. ‘Look, I didn’t have breakfast,...
Architecture is not just a physical setting Without giving it much thought, we live and work in a physical setting that influences us and what takes place within it. Winston Churchill said it simply: “We shape our buildings and afterwards our buildings shape...
Across Australia, aged care facilities use technology and innovation to improve work and care processes for the benefit of residents. Technology can offer a range of benefits for seniors, including improved mobility and independence, communication and interaction, and...