The purpose of this policy is to provide customers of Mirus Australia an outline of how the business is operating sustainably and managing its impact on the environment. Mirus strives to be a good corporate citizen and lead by example in operating sustainably.
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice;
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions;
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it;
- To minimize the environmental impact and increase the sustainability of all office and transportation activities;
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices;
- Give preference to suppliers taking into consideration their sustainability practices; and
- To review, report on, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Travel and meetings:
- Where alternatives are available and practical, minimise travelling to meetings or gatherings e.g. using online resources
- Time meetings efficiently to avoid multiple trips;
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits and gatherings, whenever possible and practical;
- Facilitate regular client contact by providing virtual training and webinars to clients.
Purchase of equipment and consumption of resources:
- Minimize our use of paper and other office consumables e.g. by double-siding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste;
- Arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste where possible e.g. paper, computer supplies, and redundant equipment;
- Reduce battery use by replacing with rechargeable batteries in all practical situations; disposing of used batteries in recycling collection points;
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and practicing good housekeeping;
- Seek to purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy;
- Seek to maximize the proportion of renewable energy sources, and investment in new renewable energy schemes;
- Whenever organising giveaways to clients, potential clients, or employees, consider sustainable and reusable options;
- Make donations seeking to offset carbon emissions from our activities;
- Pay special attention to consumables most highly used in Mirus offices e.g. toilet paper, coffee, copy paper, printer toners, and paper towels;
- Opt for the most suitable sustainable option and recycle waste;
- Ensure that consumables, whenever available, are from sustainable and/or fair-trade origins.
Working practices and advice to stakeholders
- Undertake voluntary work with the local community and/or environmental organisations;
- Ensure that any associates that we employ take account of sustainability issues in their advice to clients;
- Ensure all clients, future clients, and suppliers are aware of our sustainability policy