12 CPD points
4 Learning Blocks
Why should you attend?
Our ACFI Essentials and Validations In Action courses combined. Gain an understanding of the end-to-end ACFI process, the relevant business roles and familiarisation with the validation process
CPD Points: 12
– Recent Participant, 2020 –
Are there any prerequisites?
Participants should have a working knowledge of the ACFI framework prior to attending this course
What will I learn?
- Understand the end-to-end process and timings of ACFI appraisals
- Learn the key ACFI business rules to complete and submit appraisals
- Explore strategies to plan mandatory and voluntary submissions
- Gain a deep understanding of the 12 ACFI questions, coding, assessments and supporting documentation
- Apply the quality checking process to appraisal packs prior to submission
- Understand the validations process including strategies to prepare and appeal downgrades
- Learn how to reconcile Medicare payments
And let’s break down the learning blocks for you
- We will lay the foundation for a deeper understanding of the ACFI.
- Understand the ACFI structure and the appraisal process.
- Learn about your role and the wider care team’s role in planning and preparing ACFI appraisals.
- An overview of the ACFI process
- Your role in the ACFI process
- ACFI business rules
- Planning ACFI assessments
- Stages to complete the ACFI appraisal pack
Practical activity: Preparing the ACFI appraisal pack
- Understand how a deep understanding of the resident informs the ACFI appraisal.
- Learn how to complete the answer appraisal pack in line with the guidelines.
- Cover all the supporting documentation requirements for the ACFI and best practice principles for assessments, progress notes and charting.
- ACFI guiding principles
- Assessment requirements for:
- Activities of Daily Living
- Complex Health Care
Practical activity: Best practice documentation principles for the ACFI appraisal pack
- Go deeper by understanding how a resident’s care needs relate and interlink across the 12 ACFI questions.
- Learn about submitting your packs, reconciliations and preparing for validations.
- Linking assessments together
Practical activity: Understanding and preparing for validations
- Putting your knowledge to practice by quality checking ACFI appraisal packs utilising Mirus audit tools.
- Bring it full circle by reflecting on current ACFI processes in your organisation and next steps
- Validation trends
- The quality checking process
- The daily activities of the ACFI coordinator
Practical activity: Quality checking ACFI appraisal packs
How much is this course?
$795 + GST per person.
$695 + GST per person for group bookings of 3+ more people
ACFI ADVANCED COURSE (Incl. AN-ACC briefing) – Intensive – 2 Days (9 Nov 2021)
Join us on the following dates and times:
Day 1 – Blocks 1 + 2 – Tue 09 Nov 2021 – 10:00am to 4:00pm AEST
Day 2 – Blocks 3 + 4 – Wed 10 Nov 2021 – 10:00am to 4:00pm AEST
9 in stock